Gainesville Personal Injury, Divorce and Alimony Attorney

We have moved! You can now find us at:

235 South Main Street Suite W203 Gainesville, FL 32601

Call, Click or Text

RD- an actual child support client

“My case was handled quickly and with ease.”
“Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results.”

Take a Notice of Violation of the Red Light Camera to Court

Many people contact me about the Dunnellon red light camera as soon as they receive a notice of violation. The red light camera system was put in place supposedly for traffic safety. A driver is not supposed to be issued a notice of violation of the red light if the driver was turning right at the time.  If you are to be accused of running a red light the first listed owner of the vehicle will get a notice of violation in the mail. 

If you have received a notice of violation issued by a red light camera, then the only way to challenge this violation is to take your case to court. According to the paperwork issued by American Traffic Solutions (“ATS”), the company responsible for maintaining the red light camera, the only way to do this is to do nothing. That is because in order to fight your red light camera notice of violation you have to do so in court, and in order to get to court you must have a uniform traffic citation. ATS states in their paperwork that they will not issue a citation unless you ignore their notice of violation. So to go to court, initially ignore the notice.

If you have received a notice of violation and wish to challenge the violation you must then ignore the notice from ATS and wait until you receive a traffic citation. Once you have a traffic citation your case will be forwarded to the Clerk of Court. The Clerk will assign a court case number. It is at this point that you can have your day in court. The documents ATS sends will inform you that the process of issuing a uniform traffic citation can take two (2) months.

If you have received a notice of violation at a red light camera and call into the firm, I will tell you that you have to ignore the notice of violation and wait to receive a uniform traffic citation in order to fight your case in court. Once your case is in the courthouse that is where an attorney can help fight your ticket. If you or a loved one has received a notice of violation or has ignored the notice and now has received a traffic citation click or call today to discuss your case.

Gainesville (352) 371-9141

Ocala (352) 694-4529